Adrian Howard is passionate about building effective teams and great products. You will find him working with startup and product development teams — combining coaching & teaching with hands on UX & development work. With more than fifteen years experience working with startups, established businesses and agencies Adrian is an active member of the Agile, Balanced Team & Lean UX communities. He regularly teaches and speaks on integrating Lean, UX and Agile methods.
Does your organisation have trouble keeping track of the big picture during product development? Are you working with an agile team concerned with delivering more stories rather than a great user experience? Have you ever ended up releasing a product that doesn’t actually solve the customer’s problem?
In this half day workshop you’ll learn how User Story Mapping can help. User Story Mapping is a collaborative practice that keeps the whole team focused on how and why customers use your product. Helping everybody deliver a great user experience together.
You’ll create story maps with your fellow attendees. You’ll see how they keep the whole team focussed on the customer’s experience. You’ll understand how they can be used to break down the customer journey into small chunks of work without losing sight of the big picture.
What you will take away from this workshop:
• Understand user story mapping and how to create story maps with your team
• How story maps help the whole team identify with the customer’s journey
• How to use story maps as a tool for product discovery
• How story maps can bring product managers, researchers, designers, developers and testers together around a single artefact
• How story maps help you prioritise the customer experience over building more features
• How you can use story maps to supplement or replace traditional agile backlogs